Craanford (Áth an Chorráin)
Craanford is closely associated with the Irish Rebellion of 1798. The village features an early 17th-century corn mill which has been meticulously restored. Craanford has a beautiful aqua park opened for the turn of the millennium; this project was spearheaded by a hard working committee from all three villages. The River Lask flows through Craanford and is a centre piece of the aqua park. The village has won the county tidy towns title a total of six times in the last few years through the dedication of a small committee.
A seven teacher catholic school caters for over 150 pupils. ( www.craanfordns.com ) A magnificent church stands tall in the centre of the village dedicated to St Patrick. A wonderful lively community centre and children’s playschool and afterschool activities add huge benefits to this rural community. The village also has a GAA club and Camogie Club which now has a walking track around the local G.A.A. pitch. This growing club also has a second pitch. Facilities in the clubhouse include 2 changing rooms (home and away) with toilets and showers and a referees changing room. Plans are currently in place for a new indoor facility to be built for the use of the whole community.