Craanford Fr. O’Regans, originally Craanford St. Brendan’s was founded in 1954.
The first officers of the club were
- Dick Doyle – Chairman
- Jim Doyle – Secretary
- Mick Kelly – Treasurer
The official club colours were black and red. In 1956 a man who was to have a major influence on the club (and who the club is presently named after) arrived. This man was Fr. Michael O’Regan C.C. He led the club from then until his departure to Carnew in 1968. He also changed the kit colours to the present day colours of blue and white. The first taste of success was achieved by the club in July 1958, when our hurlers defeated Gorey by Four Goals and Four Points to One Goal and Three Points in the Gorey District Hurling Tournament. The club continues to be a strong force today in both hurling and football.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest happenings.
Coiste Na nOg is a huge driving force in the area and great efforts on a voluntary basis are contributing to success at this level. There are over twenty two teams involved at underage, intermediate and senior level across all codes, hurling, football and camogie. Plans are currently in place for a new indoor facility to be built for the use of the whole community.